VM MATERIAUX : TURNOVER AS OF 31 MARCH 2015: EUR 136.9 million
VM Matériaux: activity is in line with
the construction market
|IFRS – € million
(1) Figures have not been audited.
Activity in the 1st quarter of 2015
VM Matériaux posted turnover of €136.9 million for the 1st quarter of 2015, down 6.3% on the same period the year before. The slump in activity, which was particularly harsh at the very beginning of the year, confirmed the trend seen at the end of 2014 of a persistently weak new construction market (-9.5% in new single housing starts over the past three months) and a morose economic backdrop.
The trend is consistent across all Group activities, resulting in:
- a 4.5% decline for VM Matériaux's Building distribution business in an unforgiving market for new construction;
- a 7.6% decline for its Concrete industry business, impacted by the drop in volumes for ready-mix concrete and by the building site delays affecting its industrial concrete activity;
- a 9.9% decline for Industrial joinery, confirming the downturn that began in the 4th quarter of 2014 on a renovation market that has yet to benefit from any positive impact of new energy efficiency rebates.
Faced with a constantly floundering construction market, VM Matériaux adapts its management and carefully track any signs of recovery. Stronger sales and reinforcing its presence in the field remain a priority, as the Group continues to focus on innovation to offer its customers products and solutions that will set it apart from its competitors and secure their loyalty.
VM Matériaux remains confident of the value of its fundamentals and the capacity of its teams to adapt.
next press release: H1 turnover on 28 July 2015 (after the stock exchange closes).
All our financial communications are available on our website: www.vm-materiaux.fr
ABOUT VM MATERIAUX
The VM Matériaux Group focuses on three business sectors of the building industry: Materials trading, the Concrete industry and Industrial joinery. Originally based in the Vendée region, VM Matériaux now employs over 2,700 people and is active in Western France and the French overseas departments as well as in China and Canada.
VM Matériaux is listed on NYSE - Euronext Paris, Compartment C
Indices: CAC SMALL, CAC MID & SMALL, CAC ALL TRADABLE, PEA-PME eligible
Gaia Index: No. 1 in 2014, distribution sector
Codes: ISIN FR000 0066540, Ticker: VMMA
Bloomberg VMM.FP, Reuters VMMP.PA
Alain MARION - Chairman of the Board of Directors
Caroline Lutinier - Head of Group Communication
Tel.: +33 (0)2 51 08 08 08
ACTUS finance & communication
Tel.: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 77 – E-mail: email@example.com Anne-Catherine Bonjour
Tel.: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 93 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Communiqués au titre de l'obligation d'information permanente :
- Communiqué sur comptes, résultats, chiffres d'affaires
Full and original press release in PDF: