Q3: ¤4.7 million increase in revenue excluding player trading (up 18%)
First nine months: moderate increase of ¤1 million
New stadium construction progressing as planned
Lyon, 7 May 2014
Revenue increased by 18.9% in the third quarter of 2013/14 to ¤29.5 million (¤24.8 million in Q3 2012/13), partially offsetting the first-half revenue lag. This increase of ¤4.7 million came about because the club performed well during the quarter, both in the French Ligue 1 and in the Coupe de la Ligue, and because it qualified for the Europa League round of 16 (round of 32 in 2012/13).
Breakdown by business segment (from 1 July to 31 March)
|(in ¤ m)||9 mos. 2013/14||9 mos. 2012/13||Change (¤ m)||Change (%)|
|Sponsoring - Advertising||13.6||15.6||-2.0||-13%|
|Media and marketing rights||44.2||41.1||+3.1||+8%|
|Revenue, excluding player trading||79.0||78.0||+1.0||+1%|
|Revenue from the sale of player registrations||16.1||23.3||-7.2||-31%|
*figures are preliminary, estimated and unaudited
1) Revenue, excluding player trading
- Receipts from ticketing totalled ¤9.2 million, up ¤0.5 million (6%) compared with Q3 2012/13, as the club played a greater number of matches in its various competitions.
- Sponsoring revenue totalled ¤13.6 million, vs. ¤15.6 million in the first nine months of 2012/13 (down 13%). Excluding the non-recurrent signing fee related to the new stadium project (¤2.0 million in the first nine months of 2012/13), sponsoring revenue was stable.
- Media and marketing rights (LFP, FFF, UEFA) totalled ¤44.2 million, vs. ¤41.1 million in the year-earlier period, a rise of ¤3.1 million, or 8%. Domestic rights declined by ¤1.2 million (¤32.9 million vs. ¤34.1 million in the nine months to 31 March 2013), because the club was in 5th place in the French Ligue 1 (interim ranking), versus 3rd place a year earlier. The club also received revenue from the Coupe de la Ligue, having qualified for the final against PSG. UEFA revenue totalled ¤11.3 million, vs. ¤7.0 million in the first nine months of 2012/13, up ¤4.3 million, as the club earned revenue from the Champions League playoff round and from its qualification for the Europa League round of 16, whereas it had only reached the round of 32 in the previous financial year.
- Brand-related revenue totalled ¤12.0 million, vs. ¤12.6 million in the first nine months of 2012/13 (down 5%), in an economic environment that remained challenging.
2) Revenue from the sale of player registrations
Revenue from the sale of player registrations totalled ¤16.1 million. It included proceeds from the transfer of three players (Bastos, Lisandro and Monzon) at the start of the season, plus incentives, compared with five transfers during the year-earlier period (Cissokho, Kallström, Lloris, Pied and Réale), which totalled ¤23.3 million, including incentives.
In line with the club's strategic plan to preserve its sporting performance during the current season, OL Groupe turned down offers during the most recent winter transfer window. Accepting them would have deprived OL of one or two of its best players. Nevertheless, management plans to transfer out an experienced player before the end of the current financial year.
3) Sporting results to date
5th place in French Ligue 1
Defeated by Juventus (Turin) in the Europa League round of 16.
Finalist in the Coupe de la Ligue against PSG.
1st place in French Division 1
Qualified for the Coupe de France semi-final against Soyaux (match on 11 May 2014).
4) Syndicated operating line club deal
On 15 April 2014, OL Groupe reported that the maturity date of its syndicated operating line of credit had been extended from 6 May 2014 to 30 June 2014.
A new syndicated line of credit is being finalised, with the aim to sign it before 30 June 2014.
5) New stadium
On 28 February 2014, OL Groupe announced that Foncière du Montout had issued the first two tranches of its bond issue for a total of ¤51 million. Of this amount, the Vinci group subscribed to ¤40 million, and the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (CDC) subscribed to ¤11 million.
Construction of the stadium structure is progressing according to plan.
Next press release: full-year 2013/14 revenue on 25 July 2014 after the market close.
Tel: +33 (0)4 26 29 67 00
Fax: +33 (0)4 26 29 67 18
|Euronext Paris - Segment C
Indices: CAC Small - CAC Mid & Small - CAC All-Tradable, CAC All-Share - CAC Consumer Services - CAC Travel & Leisure
ISIN code: FR0010428771
Bloomberg: OLG FP
ICB: 5755 Recreational services
Communiqués au titre de l'obligation d'information permanente :
- Communiqué sur comptes, résultats, chiffres d'affaires Communiqué intégral et original au format PDF :
|OL GROUPE||Euronext Paris||2.85 (c)||0.35%||8 381|