OL GROUPE : REVENUE FOR THE FIRST NINE MONTHS OF 2012/13
Revenue: €101.3 million
impacted by the team's absence from the Champions League
Player trading activity up, in line with strategy
Lyon, 14 May 2013
Against an unfavourable economic background, total revenue came in at €101.3 million for the first nine months of the financial year. The Group's business was resilient, owing in particular to player trading, even though the club was absent from the Champions League.
- Breakdown by business segment (1 July to 31 March)
|(in € m)||9 mos.
|Sponsoring - Advertising||15.6||18.5||-15.7%|
|Media and marketing rights||41.1||57.9||-29.0%|
|Proceeds from sale of player registrations||23.3||10.8||115.8%|
*figures are preliminary and unaudited
In the third quarter of 2012/13, total revenue was €24.8 million (€30.3 million in 2011/12).
Given the player transfers already carried out, OL Groupe confirms its target to reduce personnel costs and amortisation of player registrations by at least €20 million over the full financial year. This would significantly offset the decline in revenue due to the club's absence from the Champions League this season.
- Ticketing revenue totalled €8.7 million, vs. €14.8 million in the first nine months of 2011/12. This revenue category was buffeted by OL's absence from the Champions League this season (€-3 million) and by unfavourable economic conditions. At indicated when first-half results were announced, the important Ligue 1 matches of the last quarter (Saint Etienne, PSG) will significantly rebalance Ligue 1 ticketing receipts. To date, the match against PSG holds the record for Ligue 1 ticketing revenue, with the highest attendance of the season, just ahead of the match against Saint Etienne.
- Sponsoring revenue stood at €15.6 million, vs. €18.5 million in the first nine months of the previous year. Excluding signing fees, it was virtually stable at €13.6 million, vs. €14 million, demonstrating the resilience of this revenue category.
- Media and marketing rights came to €41.1 million, vs. €57.9 million last year.
Domestic media rights stood at €34.1 million, vs. €35.5 million in the nine months to 31 March 2012. The change was mainly due to the club's lesser performance in the Coupe de France and the Coupe de la Ligue this year than last year.
UEFA media and marketing rights were down sharply at €7 million (Europa League), vs. €22.4 million in the nine months to 31 March 2012 (Champions League).
- Brand-related revenue declined by €1.4 million in a difficult economic environment, exacerbated by a lack of prestigious European-level matches. It totalled €12.6 million, vs. €14 million in the year-earlier period.
- In line with the Group's strategy to reduce the payroll and amortisation of player registrations by capitalising on the strengths of the OL Academy, proceeds from the sale of player registrations rose sharply to €23.3 million, vs. €10.8 million last year. They reflected the transfers of Cissokho, Källström, Lloris, Pied and Réale, plus incentives.
- Men's team: Olympique Lyonnais is in third place in the French Ligue 1.
- Women's team: The women's team has already clinched the French championship title for the seventh consecutive time.
For the fourth consecutive year, the women's team will play in the final of the UEFA Women's Champions League, against Wolfsburg (Germany), on 23 May at Stamford Bridge (London).
The team is still in the running for the Coupe de France; the final will be played on Saturday 8 June.Stade des Lumières
Negotiations are continuing on the proposed financing for the new stadium. OL Groupe is keen to finalise terms so as to enable it to meet the target for delivery during the 2015/16 season.
Next press release: Full-year 2012/13 revenue on 25 July 2013 after the market close.
Tel: +33 (0)4 26 29 67 00
Fax: +33 (0)4 26 29 67 18
|Euronext Paris - Segment C
Indices: CAC Small - CAC Mid & Small - CAC All-Tradable, CAC All-Share - CAC Consumer Services - CAC Travel & Leisure
ISIN code: FR0010428771
Reuters: OLG.PABloomberg: OLG FP
ICB: 5755 Recreational services
Communiqués au titre de l'obligation d'information permanente :
- Communiqué sur comptes, résultats, chiffres d'affaires Communiqué intégral et original au format PDF :
Recevez gratuitement par email les prochains communiqués de la société en vous inscrivant sur www.actusnews.com
Receive by email the next press releases of the company by registering on www.actusnews.com, it's free