LaCie Paris, 01/28/2013 - Revenues as of 31st December 2012: decrease by 15% (excluding FOREX)
IFRS - unaudited
REVENUES FOR THE QUARTER DECREASE BY 15%
LaCie reports revenue of 54.7 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 (fiscal year ending June 30, 2013), a decrease by 15% compared to the quarter ended December 31, 2011:
· After neutralization of forex, revenues decrease by 17%.
· Europe accounts for 52% of the revenue, versus 36% for Americas and 12% for Asia-Pacific. After neutralization of forex, revenues decrease by 6% in Europe, by 6% in Americas, and by 52% in Asia-Pacific.
For the 6-month period ended December 31, 2012 (fiscal year ending June 30, 2013), LaCie reports revenue of 111.5 million, a decrease by 9% compared to the 6-months period ended December 31, 2011:
· After neutralization of forex, revenues decrease by 14%.
· Europe accounts for 49% of the revenue, versus 36% for Americas and 15% for Asia-Pacific. After neutralization of forex, revenues in Europe decrease by 13%, revenues in Americas increase by 1%, and revenues in Asia-Pacific decrease by 35%.
· Though lower in percentage compared to prior year, the operating profit is still over 5%.
KEY TOPICS FOR THE QUARTER
· At the end of the Simplified Public Purchasing Offering (« Offre Publique dAchat Simplifiée ») on October 18, 2012 by which Seagate committed to buy any LaCie share at a share price of 4.50 euros, Seagate owned 92.14% of the share capital and voting rights of LaCie. As of today, Seagate owns 93.49% of the share capital and voting rights of LaCie
· No dividend was voted at the Annual Meeting on December 21, 2012.
· LaCie launched an all-new network storage solution that connects the entire family to their music, movie and photo files. The LaCie CloudBox stores files in a single location so family members can easily share them with friends, and access them from anywhere on any device; It can automatically back up multiple computers in the home and ensures access files from any network-connected smart phone, tablet or laptop.
· At CES in Las Vegas, LaCie, in collaboration with world-famous designer and creator Philippe Starck, announced its Blade Runner. The LaCie Blade Runner combines an anthropomorphic metal interior with an angular cage-like shell. With only 9,999 produced, the LaCie Blade Runner is a limited edition hard drive for design-conscience consumers combining the high-speed USB 3.0 interface and cross-platform compatibility.
Located in North America, Europe, Asia and Middle East, LaCie is the leading manufacturer of computer peripherals for PC, Apple and Linux users. LaCie has differentiated its products through original designs and leading-edge technology. Find all information at www.lacie.com.