|IFRS - ¤ million
Constant scope restated(2)
(1) Figures have not been audited.
(2) For 2012, restated figures include Q2 turnover of Fene-Tech and exclude Q2 turnover of sales locations in Southwest France, the Royan Bois site, the concrete plant in Le Buisson, and Isiland, sold 30 May 2013.
Q2 2013 turnover: slight growth at constant scope restated
During the second quarter of the 2013 financial year, VM Matériaux recorded turnover of ¤177.2 million, an increase of 0.5% at constant scope restated (-4.1% at same scope). The increase reflects good resilience by the Building distribution activity and a performance by Industrial joinery (+2.8% during the quarter). This progression is the result of decisions taken early this year.
For the first six months of 2013, Group turnover was ¤338.3 million, nearly matching the corresponding 2012 period (-0.3% at constant scope restated and -2.9% at same scope). The Group held up well in a competitive market, with housing construction still weak.
- The Building distribution division contributed a six-month gain of 0.3% at constant scope restated (-3.6% at same scope) thanks to its reorganisation efforts begun in Q1 and market share gains on the civil construction sector.
- The Industrial joinery division had a good six months, with a gradual trend of rising sales driven by PVC joinery products and fasteners, as well as its positioning on the renovation market.
- The Concrete industry division experienced a 3.2% pullback at constant scope due to lower volumes in an extremely competitive market.
Growth and outlook
In June, Frédéric Marmouzet joined VM Matériaux as CEO of the Building distribution division. His chief responsibilities are to identify and take advantage of market opportunities, to continue rollout of the new organisation and to develop new tools to serve the Group's customers.
With a clientele of professionals and do-it-yourself builders, VM Matériaux remains confident in its fundamentals. Its complementary businesses and innovation policy enable it to confirm its positioning as a specialist in constructive solutions, as it helps its customers meet changing construction standards.
Next press release: H1 2013 results on 17 September 2013 (after stock exchange closes)
All our financial communications are available at our website: www.vm-materiaux.fr
About VM Matériaux
The VM Matériaux Group focuses on three business sectors of the building industry: Materials trading, the Concrete industry and Industrial joinery. Originally based in the Vendée region, VM Matériaux now employs over 2,800 people and is active in Western France and the French overseas departments as well as in China and Canada. In 2012, the Group generated total turnover of ¤689.6 million.
VM Matériaux is listed on NYSE-Euronext Paris, Compartment C
Indexes: PAX, Gaia Index
Codes: ISIN FR000 0066540, Reuters VMMP.PA, Bloomberg VMM.FP, Ticker: VMMA
|VM MATERIAUX||ACTUS FINANCE|
|Philippe Audureau - Chairman of the Board of Directors||Corinne Puissant
Tel.: +33 1 53 67 36 57 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Alain Marion - General and Financial Manager
Tel.: +33 2 51 08 08 08 - E-mail: email@example.com
|Caroline Lutinier - Head of Group Communication
Tel.: +33 2 51 08 08 08 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel.: +33 1 53 67 36 93 - E-mail: email@example.com
Communiqués de mise à disposition de documents :
- Modalités de mise à disposition des documents préparatoires à l'AG Communiqué intégral et original au format PDF :
http://www.actusnews.com/documents_communiques/ACTUS-0-32912-vm-250713-ca-t2-2013-uk_vdef.pdf © Copyright Actusnews Wire
Recevez gratuitement par email les prochains communiqués de la société en vous inscrivant sur www.actusnews.com
Receive by email the next press releases of the company by registering on www.actusnews.com, it's free
|HERIGE||Euronext Paris||25.01 (c)||0.04%||51|