L'Herbergement, 18 May 2007, 17:45 p.m.
|Consolidated - ¤ million||1st quarter 2007||1st quarter 2006||Var.
The consolidated turnover for the first quarter of 2007 reached 141.2 M¤, an increase of 20.9% (+ 11.3% like for like) compared to the first quarter of 2006. This performance, higher than the annual objective (+ 16.1%), is driven by sustained activity and recent acquisitions.
This increase is fed by the three Group activities:
- The Materials Trading activity produced a turnover of 112.8 M¤, an increase of 16.8% (+ 9.4% like for like),
- The Concrete activity increased by 16.6% to 10.9 M¤ (+ 12.3% like for like)
- The Industrial Joinery activity experienced a very strong increase (+ 50.4%) to 21.9 M¤. Like for like, growth remained well sustained: + 22.9%.
The very good sales trend reflects the success of the VM Matériaux development strategy in the continuing buoyant market in the Grand Ouest western region of France and in the French overseas territories.
Next press release: 1st half year 2007 turnover, 26 July 2007.
About VM Matériaux
VM Matériaux works in the Building industry, centred on three lines of business:
- Building material trading (74% of turnover managed): distribution of materials for the building and public works sector, with a network of 89 specialized agencies, offering locally-based advice to contractors and DIY customers;
- the Concrete industry (13%): industrial pre-cast and ready-mix concrete;
- Industrial joinery (13%): a full range of fittings for outside use (PVC, aluminium or wooden windows, roller shutters, front doors) and industrial frames.
The Group was originally based in the Vendée region but is now multi-regional. It employs 2,270 people and is developing its business over Western France and in the overseas departments. The Group achieved a turnover of 503.7 M¤ in 2006.
VM Matériaux is quoted on
Eurolist, Compartment B.
Index: SBF 250, CAC Mid & Small 190
Codes: ISIN FR0000066540, Reuters VMMP.NT, Bloomberg VMM.FP, Mnémo: VMMA
Find all our financial communication at www.vm-materiaux.fr
| Your contacts
Philippe AUDUREAU, Chairman of the board of directors
Alain MARION, Financial and General Manager
Tel : +33 (0)251 08 08 08
Edouard MIFFRE - Investor/Analyst Relations
Agnès VILLERET - Press Relations
Tel : +33 (0)153 67 36 36
Recevez gratuitement par email les prochains communiqués de la société en vous inscrivant sur www.actusnews.com
Receive by email the next press releases of the company by registering on www.actusnews.com, it's free