- 2012 4th quarter turnover: +1.2% to ¤176.5 million
- 2012 annual turnover: -2.5% to ¤689.6 million
|IFRS - ¤ million
|Intra group eliminations||-44.8||-50.2||-||-|
(1) Figures have not been audited. They include 100% of Havraise de Matériaux since 1st January 2012 (50% in 2011) and 100% of Fene-Tech since 1st April 2012.
Q4 2012 turnover
VM Matériaux posted turnover of ¤176.5 million for the fourth quarter of the 2012 fiscal year, up 1.2% from the same period in the prior year. At same scope, the Group's turnover decreased by 1.9%, a smaller decline than in the first nine months.
This trend is evident for all the Group's businesses, with the Building distribution division down just 2.9% at same scope (unchanged at current scope) in a market that continued to be problematic for new construction (individual housing starts were down -30.1% during the year's final three months). The Industrial joinery division was hard-hit during the first three quarters, but registered a more limited decline of 1.9% at constant scope turnover in the fourth quarter (+3.6% at current scope, thanks to inclusion of Quebec-based Fene-Tech since 1st April 2012). Meanwhile, the Concrete industry division achieved stable turnover during the period.
For the 2012 fiscal year as a whole, Group turnover was ¤689.6 million, down 2.5% from 2011 (-5.7% at constant scope). The Group's businesses felt the impact of declining individual housing starts (-19.6% for the twelve-month period) on new construction. Two fewer working days during the period were also a factor in the large drop in business volume.
VM Matériaux is continuing to expand as a specialist in constructive solutions for energy efficiency, thanks to its complementary businesses and its innovation strategy.
With its far-sighted and careful approach, the Group has taken further steps, announced in the last quarter of 2012, to limit the crisis' effects and preserve its economic fundamentals by trimming operating expenses and investments and maintaining its debt-reduction efforts.
Moreover, as a step in the restructuring of its Building distribution division, the Group is currently finalising the sale to SAMSE Group of nine specialized branch offices located in south western France. Full-year total turnover of these points of sale is around ¤29 million with 108 employees.
Next press release: FY 2012 results on 19 March 2013 (after stock exchange closes)
All our financial communications are available at our website www.vm-materiaux.com
About VM Matériaux
The VM Matériaux Group focuses on three business sectors of the building industry:
- Building distribution (70% of total turnover): distribution of building materials for the construction and public works sector, through a network of a hundred specialized branch offices (including 24 overseas) providing locally-based advice to professional and DIY customers; the Group is also present in China, where it trades in natural stone for exterior work and interior decoration;
- Concrete industry (12% of total turnover): manufacture of ready-to-use and industrial concrete (slabs, paving, breeze blocks and prefabricated facade components);
- Industrial joinery (18% of total turnover): manufacture of exterior joinery (windows and doors in PVC, aluminium or wood), closures (roller shutters, gates, garage doors) and wood structures (trusses, traditional frames and wood panels).
Originally based in the Vendée region, VM Matériaux now employs close to 3,000 people and is active in Western France and the French overseas departments as well as in China and Canada. In 2012, the Group generated total turnover of ¤689.6 million.
VM Matériaux is listed on NYSE- Euronext Paris, Compartment C
Indexes: PAX, Gaia Index
Codes: ISIN FR0000066540, Reuters VMMP.PA, Bloomberg VMM.FP, Ticker: VMMA
|VM MATERIAUX||ACTUS FINANCE|
|Philippe Audureau - Chairman of the Board of Directors||Corinne Puissant
Tel.: +33 1 53 67 36 57 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Alain Marion - General and Financial Manager
Tel.: +33 2 51 08 08 08
|Caroline Lutinier - Head of Group communication
Tel.: +33 2 51 08 08 08
Tel.: +33 1 53 67 36 93 - E-mail: email@example.com
Communiqués au titre de l'obligation d'information permanente :
- Communiqué sur comptes, résultats, chiffres d'affaires Communiqué intégral et original au format PDF :
http://www.actusnews.com/documents_communiques/ACTUS-0-30904-vm050213_ca2012-vdef_uk.pdf © Copyright Actusnews Wire
Recevez gratuitement par email les prochains communiqués de la société en vous inscrivant sur www.actusnews.com
Receive by email the next press releases of the company by registering on www.actusnews.com, it's free