Increase in revenue excl. player trading: 13% (¤25.1 million vs. ¤22.2 million)
Total revenue: ¤41.1 million (down 7% vs. Q1 2012/13)
Lyon, 13 November 2013
Revenue excluding player trading totalled ¤25.1 million, up ¤2.9 million or 13% compared with the year-earlier period. Sales of player registrations since 1 July 2013 totalled ¤16.0 million, down ¤6.1 million from Q1 2012/13. Over the entire 2013 summer transfer window, however, sales of player registrations exceeded last year's figure (¤27.9 million vs. ¤24.2 million).
On the pitch, Olympique Lyonnais played in the Champions League playoffs, and as a result qualified for the Europa League for the second time in a row. OL is now competing in European cup play for the 17th consecutive season. As of 30 September 2013, the club was in 9th place in the French Ligue 1, whereas it was in 3rd place at the same time last year, generating a difference in media and marketing rights of ¤0.8 million over the period.
|(in ¤ m)||Q1 2013/14||Q1 2012/13||Change in ¤m||% chg.|
|Sponsoring - Advertising||4.4||4.5||-0.1||-2%|
|Media and marketing rights||13.8||12.0||1.8||+15%|
|Revenue, excluding player trading||25.1||22.2||2.9||+13%|
|Revenue from the sale of player registrations||16.0||22.1||-6.1||-28%|
*figures are preliminary, estimated and unaudited
1) Revenue, excluding player trading
- Receipts from ticketing totalled ¤3.1 million, up ¤1.0 million (48%) compared with Q1 2012/13. This figure reflected the favourable impact of the friendly match against Real Madrid in July 2013 and OL's participation in the Champions League playoffs in August 2013.
- Revenue from sponsoring and advertising totalled ¤4.4 million, similar to that of the year-earlier period, demonstrating the success of the OL's partnership strategy and the trust its sponsors place in the Group.
- Media and marketing rights (LFP, FFF, UEFA) totalled ¤13.8 million, up ¤1.8 million or 15% compared with Q1 2012/13, principally because the club took part in the Champions League playoffs.
- Brand-related revenue, although still hampered by an unfavourable macroeconomic environment, advanced by ¤0.2 million to ¤3.8 million.
2) Revenue from the sale of player registrations
Revenue from the sale of player registrations totalled ¤16.0 million. It included proceeds from the transfer of three players (Bastos, Lisandro and Monzon) since 1 July 2013, plus incentives, compared with five transfers during the year-earlier period (Cissokho, Kallström, Lloris, Pied and Réale), which totalled ¤22.1 million, including incentives.
Over the full 2013 summer transfer window, sales were well in excess of purchases, with a surplus of ¤24.5 million (sales: ¤27.9 million; purchases: ¤3.4 million). This was in line with the strategy set down by the Board of Directors and with transfers in the summer of 2012, when OL achieved a surplus of ¤13.2 million (sales: ¤24.2 million; purchases: ¤11.0 million).
3) Sporting performance to date and progress on the new stadium
Even though OL encountered difficulty at the start of Ligue 1 play because of a high number of injuries on the professional squad, the club was in 7th place after defeating Saint Etienne and can still qualify for the Europa League round of 32, as of this writing.
The women's team is in first place in their league, and will play the second leg of the UEFA Women's Champions League round of 16 after beating Potsdam in the first leg.
Construction began on the new stadium in July 2013, and the cornerstone was laid on 12 November. Concurrently, the Group is entering an active marketing phase for the new stadium, which should ultimately generate new growth and safeguard the Group's revenue streams. It should also heighten OL Groupe's economic and sporting competitiveness at the European level.
The Olympique Lyonnais Park, like other modern stadiums of its kind in major European cities, should generate additional annual revenue reaching a target of at least ¤70 million five years after the stadium opens.
The Annual Shareholders Meeting will be held on 10 December 2013 at 11.30 am.
Next press release: First-half 2013/14 earnings on 25 February 2014 after the market close.
Tel: +33 (0)4 26 29 67 00
Fax: +33 (0)4 26 29 67 18
|Euronext Paris - Segment C
Indices: CAC Small - CAC Mid & Small - CAC All-Tradable, CAC All-Share - CAC Consumer Services - CAC Travel & Leisure
ISIN code: FR0010428771
Bloomberg: OLG FP
ICB: 5755 Recreational services
Communiqués au titre de l'obligation d'information permanente :
- Communiqué sur comptes, résultats, chiffres d'affaires Communiqué intégral et original au format PDF :
http://www.actusnews.com/documents_communiques/ACTUS-0-34098-olg-131113-ca-t1-1314-gb.pdf © Copyright Actusnews Wire
Recevez gratuitement par email les prochains communiqués de la société en vous inscrivant sur www.actusnews.com
Receive by email the next press releases of the company by registering on www.actusnews.com, it's free
|OL GROUPE||Euronext Paris||2.99 (c)||0.67%||26 282|