NATUREX : Acquisition of DECAS Botanical Synergies, the global leader in Cranberry nutraceuticals

le
0

Avignon (France) and Carver (Massachusetts, USA), 19th September 2012 - NATUREX, world leader in specialty plant-based ingredients, announces the acquisition[1] of DECAS Botanical Synergies, an American company located in Massachusetts, leader in Cranberry extracts and powders for nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industries.

This acquisition, the fourth one carried out by NATUREX since the capital increase in October 2011, fits with the Group's strategy to accelerate its development in dynamic markets and expand its range of innovative ingredients with high value-added, bearers of synergies.

The global leader in Cranberry extracts and powders

For many years now, DECAS Botanical Synergies has benefitted from a great deal of expertise in developing, formulating and marketing Cranberry extracts and powders.

Indeed, the Cranberry is a plant for which the commercial culture is substantial in the United States (primarily in Wisconsin and Massachusetts) and in a few provinces of Canada. Cranberry fruit is recognised for its therapeutic qualities, for its action against urinary infections thanks to the A-type proanthocyanidin that it contains, as well as for its antioxidant properties.

Backed with its scientific and technical know-how, the Company has been able to create substantial loyalty with its well-known customers in the nutraceutical and pharmaceutical markets in the United States (65% of sales) as well as in Europe (30%) and in the Asia/Pacific region (5%), through an impressive portfolio of cranberry nutraceuticals with clinical support.

Increasing technical solutions and value-added offerings for customers

The completion of this acquisition provides NATUREX with the opportunity to expand its range to very high quality natural ingredients with a strong scientific potential (health claims, clinical trials...) and also allows it to strengthen its leadership in the segment of natural ingredients bound for the nutraceutical industry.

DECAS Botanical Synergies (DBS) will benefit from the worldwide geographic network formed by NATUREX's sales force as well as the Group's marketing know-how in order to maximise the commercial sales synergies and diversify the customer base.

In addition, NATUREX's scientific expertise in terms of Research & Development and Quality Control will foster DBS to develop new innovative solutions with high value-added.

"We are proud of this fourth acquisition which supplements our cycle of external growth that was initiated in October 2011 and we are delighted to welcome the DECAS Botanical Synergies team into our Group. This operation allows us to become the leader in Cranberry extracts and is an excellent opportunity to strengthen our position in the development and sales of technical solutions with high-value added offerings for our customers" declared Thierry LAMBERT, the Group's Vice-President and Chief Executive Officer.

Doug KLAIBER, CEO of DECAS Botanical Synergies, added: "We are very pleased to join NATUREX Group and we look forward to playing an active role in this new organisation. The expertise of NATUREX's scientific teams combined with the strength of its sales network will allow us to accelerate the development of our innovative and clinically substantiated product range, through a differentiating offering and to boost sales with a diversified customer base."

About Cranberry's unique health benefits

There is a growing body of science that demonstrates that the cranberry possesses a unique combination of phytonutrients that help promote and maintain health, especially in the urinary tract. Urinary tract infections (UTIs) affect over 11 million women in the U.S. annually, and 25% of these recurrently, with a total annual cost approaching $2 billion. Research published in peer-reviewed, scientific journals has established that cranberries contain proanthocyanidins (PACs) with an unusual A-type linkage. These compounds are considered responsible for helping to protect against UTIs due to their anti-adhesion properties of pathogenic E. coli to uroepithelial cells and tissues. Additionally, this same bacterial anti-adhesion effect has been found elsewhere in the body against certain other bacteria, including those responsible for periodontal disease and H. pylori, the leading cause of stomach ulcers - a major risk factor for stomach cancer.

About DECAS Botanical Synergies (DBS)

Headquartered in Carver, Massachusetts, Decas Botanical Synergies (DBS), is a developer, manufacturer and marketer of proprietary, value-added cranberry-derived ingredients for the dietary supplement, functional foods, animal feed and nutrition, personal care and cosmetics, and oral health industries.

For additional information, please visit www.decasbotanical.com

The revenue of DECAS Botanical Synergies generated in fiscal year 2011 amounted to about USD 10 million.

After this acquisition, NATUREX Inc. holds 95% of the capital of DECAS Botanical Synergies; the remaining 5% is held by Doug KLAIBER, CEO of DBS. The company shall maintain its management team and corporate headquarters in Massachusetts.

DECAS Botanical Synergies will be consolidated into NATUREX's consolidated financial statements from 19 September 2012. The amount of the acquisition is not released.

About NATUREX

NATUREX is the world leader in specialty plant-based ingredients.

The Group, organised around three strategic markets - Food & Beverage, Nutrition & Health and Personal Care -, produces and markets specialty plant-based ingredients for the food, nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries.

NATUREX's head office is based in Avignon. Naturex employs over 1,300 people and has high-performance industrial resources across its 15 industrial sites in Europe (France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Switzerland and Poland), in Morocco, the United States, Brazil, Australia and India. The company draws on its worldwide sales presence through a fully dedicated sales network in 21 countries (France, Italy, Spain, Morocco, United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Russia, U.A.E., Thailand, Singapore, Japan, China, Korea, Australia, United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, India).

NATUREX enjoys the highly favourable underlying trend linked to increasing demand for natural-origin products and provides manufacturers with personalised solutions in order to meet the expectations of the end consumers. The force of the Group resides in its positioning on specific products that form market niches, thanks to a strong sourcing capacity and support for Research and Development.

You can receive all of NATUREX's financial information free of charge by signing up on: www.naturex.com

> Financial schedule

- Q3 2012 revenue 5 November 2012
- Q3 2012 results 29 November 2012
- Annual revenue 2012 24 January 2013
- Annual results 2012 27 March 2013

Naturex has been listed since October 1996 on NYSE Euronext in Paris, compartment B

Number of shares comprising the capital: 7,728,079
> 6,968,924 ordinary shares (ISIN FR0000054694)
> 759,155 preferred shares (ISIN FR0010833251)

Naturex is part of the CAC Small and Gaïa Indexes.
Naturex is eligible for "long only" Deferred Settlement Service (SRD).
Naturex has set up a sponsored level I American Depositary Receipt (ADR) programme. Naturex's ADRs are traded over the counter in the United States under the symbol NTUXY.
MNEMO: NRX - Reuters: NATU.PA - Bloomberg: NRX:FP - DR Symbol: NTUXY

> Contacts
 
Thierry Lambert
Vice-President and CEO
Tel.: +33 (0)4 90 23 96 89
t.lambert@naturex.com
 
 
Carole Alexandre
Investor Relations
Tel.: +33 (0)4 90 23 78 28
c.alexandre@naturex.com
Anne Catherine Bonjour
Actus Finance Press Relations
Tel.: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 93
acbonjour@actus.fr
 

[1] Acquisition by NATUREX of 95% of the capital of DECAS Botanical Synergies (DBS); the remaining 5% is held by Doug KLAIBER, CEO of DBS.

Information réglementée
Communiqués au titre de l'obligation d'information permanente :
- Activité de l'émetteur (acquisitions, cessions...) Communiqué intégral et original au format PDF :
http://www.actusnews.com/documents_communiques/ACTUS-0-29346-2012.09.19-acquisition-of-dbs.pdf © Copyright Actusnews Wire
Recevez gratuitement par email les prochains communiqués de la société en vous inscrivant sur www.actusnews.com
Receive by email the next press releases of the company by registering on www.actusnews.com, it's free

Valeur associée
  Libellé Bourse Dernier Var. Vol.
Vous devez être membre pour ajouter des commentaires.
Devenez membre, ou connectez-vous.
Aucun commentaire n'est disponible pour l'instant