HERIGE: resilient activity in the 2nd quarter
| IFRS – € million
|2015 (1)||2014||% Change|
|Building Materials Trading||198.7||204.8||-3.0%|
(1) Figures have not been audited.
Activity in the 2nd quarter of 2015
HERIGE posted turnover of €158.1 million for the 2nd quarter of 2015, down 1.6% on the same period the year before. The Group held up well despite the ongoing market slump, posting a more moderate decline in sales than in the first three months, and a slight improvement in activity, notably for its Industrial Joinery business. It also benefited from a more favorable number of working days than in 2014.
All told, Group turnover for the 1st half of 2015 amounted to €295.0 million (-3.9% compare to the first six months of 2014), penalized by a particularly weak level of activity at the very start of the year and the continued decline in new housing starts over the period.
The trend is consistent across all of the Group's businesses, resulting in:
- a 5.7% decline for Concrete Industry, where mixed results reflect increasingly stable volumes for ready-mix concrete but also industrial concrete sales that were still hampered by ongoing building site delays during the second quarter;
- a 3.0% decline for Materials Trading in a persistently unforgiving market for new construction and the public works sector;
- a limited 4.3% decline for Industrial Joinery after an upturn in activity during the 2nd quarter. While sales for closures improved and the Group was able to win back market share in PVC joinery, it has yet to see the first benefits of new energy efficiency rebates.
Against an economic backdrop that continues to weigh on all Group activities, HERIGE is focusing efforts on its sales drives and innovation policy in order to consolidate its positioning as a specialist in construction solutions and to guide clients through new building standards and requirements. The Group also remains highly attentive to its management processes and procedures and to all signs of a market recovery.
Next press release: H1 results on 15 September 2015 (after the stock exchange closes).
All our financial communications are available on our website: www.groupe-herige.fr
HERIGE (new company name for VM Matériaux approved by the Annual General Meeting of Friday 29 May 2015) focuses on three business sectors of the building industry: Materials trading, the Concrete industry and Industrial joinery. Originally based in the Vendée region, HERIGE currently employs close to 2,700 people and is active in Western France and the French overseas departments and territories, as well as in China and Canada.
HERIGE (ex VM Matériaux) is listed on Euronext Paris, Compartment C
Indices: CAC SMALL, CAC MID & SMALL, CAC ALL TRADABLE, ENTERNEXT©PEA-PME 150
Gaia Index: No. 1 in 2014, distribution sector
Codes: ISIN FR000 0066540, Ticker: HERIG
Bloomberg HERIG.FP, Reuters HERIG.PA
Alain MARION - Chairman of the Executive Board
Caroline LUTINIER - Head of Group Communication
Tel.: +33 (0)2 51 08 08 08
ACTUS finance & communication
Tel.: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 77 – E-mail: email@example.com
Tel.: +33 (0)1 53 67 36 93 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Communiqués au titre de l'obligation d'information permanente :
- Communiqué sur comptes, résultats, chiffres d'affaires
Full and original press release in PDF:
Si le fichier PDF ne s'affiche pas ou pour le télécharger, cliquez ici.
Pour consulter le fichier PDF en intégralité, cliquez ici.
|HERIGE||Euronext Paris||25.00 (c)||-0.04%||151|