Steria, an end-to-end IT services partner in Europe and major player in IT in the transport sector, has again been selected by the Singapore Land Transport Authority (LTA) to manage infrastructure and increase comfort for Singapore's users. Using its expertise in deployment of mobile technologies and intelligent transport systems (ITS), Steria has designed and implemented the BusAIS system, which consists of panels in each bus shelter indicating the waiting time between two buses in real time.
BusAIS enables data transmission in real time!
The BusAIS system, set up by Steria, enables information on bus arrival times to be displayed on public LED-based panels. The data is transmitted by Singapore's Public Transport Operators (PTOs) via buses fitted with GPRS.
The Singapore Land Transport Authority and Steria are both equipped for remote configuration and maintenance of BusAIS.
"We are delighted with this new contract with the Singapore Ministry of Transport, which was carried out with our local partners - JCDecaux for design and installation, SingTel for implementation of the GPRS network and ITramas for the LED-based panels. The system is currently being tested at 30 bus stops, but we hope to deploy it at 300 bus stops in the long term", explained Jacky Elharrar, Chairman Steria Asia.
Innovation in transport in Singapore by Steria
Singapore is well known as the city with the densest traffic in the world, but it also possesses a remarkable urban bus and taxi network. For several years now, due to its capacity for innovation, Steria has been supporting the city of Singapore in optimising its road infrastructure.
Steria has implemented projects providing optimum quality of service to users, improving safety and providing continuous information on transport conditions. A number of Steria solutions are used in Singapore:
- ParkingExpert: this solution, previously tested in Toulouse for the car parks for metro lines A and B, enables the city of Singapore to gather real time data on its car parks. This management and control of all the city's car parks allows motorists to see which car park they can use and where the spaces are.
- TrafficScan: this Intelligent Transport System (ITS) was designed for the 20,000 taxis equipped with GPS probes that enable satellite transmission of real time data concerning their position and speed to the LTA. The system functions as a route planner, optimises the distance travelled and enables traffic regulation across the 800km of road network. Using traffic data, the LTA can also identify congested areas on the road network and therefore work on improvements.
"The originality of the Steria solution shows the innovation capacity of the partner that has supported us for several years in the optimisation of our road infrastructure", stated Low Tien Sio, Deputy Director of the Singapore Land Transport Authority.
"Steria helps its customers to optimise operation of their infrastructure by deploying innovative solutions such as traffic regulation, electronic ticketing, management of airport services, etc. To do this, the group is supported by its industrial hosting and IT outsourcing capacity to operate these services 24/7", concluded François Mazon, CEO of Steria France.
About Steria (www.steria.com).
As an end-to-end IT services provider, Steria offers its customers (European companies and public authorities) services that combine functional and technological expertise in a bid to align information systems with strategic objectives and run the associated services.
The pertinence of this offer, focusing on dynamic markets -public services, banking, insurance, telecommunications, utilities, transport- is confirmed by the Group’s organic growth and profitability, which are among the highest in the sector. Steria booked a revenue of ¤1.3 billion and an operating margin of 7.1% in 2006.
Steria’s corporate culture, which is based on values of simplicity, creativity, independence, respect and openness, is reflected in:
• its ability to undertake complex projects and deliver measurable results to its customers;
• the commitment of its 10,000 employees to developing new services and successfully carrying out their assignments;
• an organisational structure that combines decentralisation (for maintaining close customer relationships) with networking (to encourage the development of synergies and feedback with partners and customers);
• the involvement of employee shareholders in strategic decision-making processes (excluding the founder’s stake, 16% of the Group’s capital is owned by the employees, making them Steria’s number one shareholder).
Steria draws on these qualities to transform technological innovation into value for progress.
Steria is listed on Euronext Paris, Eurolist (Compartment B).
Steria Group press office
Tel: +33 1 34 88 64 44
Maya Raimbaud-Cayon / Sophie Lemaire
Tel: +33 1 49 09 25 79 / +33 1 49 09 26 51
© Copyright Actusnews Wire
Recevez gratuitement par email les prochains communiqués de la société en vous inscrivant sur www.actusnews.com
Receive by email the next press releases of the company by registering on www.actusnews.com, it's free
|GROUPE STERIA||Euronext Paris||15.46||0.00%||0|