The Group announced that it recently won two export contracts valued at more than €10 million for Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USV).
On the one hand, a first customer exercised its option for two additional Inspector Mk2-type USVs after ordering two in early 2014.
On the other hand, ECA Group signed a contract of several million euros to supply two comprehensive systems for the identification and neutralization of underwater mines. These systems will be implemented on a partner's USVs. The latter will then deliver them to an Asian navy in 2016 and 2017.
This repeated success with USVs shows the high demand for drones in the areas of surface and underwater maritime patrol and intervention.
ECA Group's range of USVs
ECA Group provides its customers with both comprehensive USVs and sub-systems to be installed on their own platforms.
ECA Group's USVs include a wide variety of transponders and specialized mission management software, which gives them great flexibility of use with operators working in complete safety:
- Inspector Mk1 is a 7m-long USV intended to tow targets for firearms training and to qualify artillery munitions and missiles.
- Inspector Mk2 is an 8.5m-long USV. Operated by a small team, remotely or completely autonomously, this platform can perform several missions in territorial and inland waters:
• Equipped with a sonar or multi-beam censor on its forearm, it provides excellent support for imaging and bathymetric operations in shallow water.
• Equipped with K-STER intervention robots and a system to launch them, it identifies and neutralizes mines and other underwater explosive devices while ensuring the highest level of safety for operators, kept at a distance.
• Equipped with is radar and day/night cameras, it monitors the water surface, takes action on identified targets and assists search and rescue operations for vessels in danger.
• Furthermore, over the next few months, the Group will demonstrate the ability to launch a captive version of the IT180 airborne drone (connected to the USV by cable) for long-distance radio relay and surveillance missions.
The catalog price for these USVs ranges from €500,000 to €3 million, depending on the transponders and mission software used.
ECA Group also provides USV sub-systems to customers that already have a suitable naval platform:
‐ Dronization kits are used to robotize a naval platform of up to 25-30m in length. Such kits are currently being produced for 20-meter vessels in the Australian Navy. The catalog price for these dronization kits ranges from €200,000 to €2 million.
‐ Systems for the automatic, unmanned launch of autonomous underwater vehicles and USV-towed sonar systems as with the contract recently won in Asia.
To find out more, go to ECA Group's website:
Follow us on Twitter for live updates
from Groupe Gorgé!
About Groupe Gorgé
Established in 1990, Group Gorgé is an industrial group operating in different areas of expertise:
Smart Safety Systems – Using technology to work in risk environments;
Protection in Nuclear Environments – Protecting people and securing buildings operating with radioactive materials;
Industrial Projects & Services Conducting Robotics and Fire protection systems projects for industry and service-sector player;
3D Printing – Enabling major industry players to find new routes to successful innovation and production processes by providing systems, 3D printers and new premium material.
In 2014, the Group reported revenue of €223.3 million. It is backed by 1,370 employees and operations in over ten countries.
More information available on www.groupe-gorge.com
Groupe Gorgé is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris and on the US OTC market in the form of ADR.
NYSE Euronext Paris:
ISIN code: FR0000062671
Ticker code: GOE
US OTC market:
CUSIP NUMBER: 399451 103
ISIN NUMBER: US3994511034
Ticker Code: GGRGY / GGRGF
Groupe Gorgé - Raphaël GORGÉ – Président Directeur Général - Tél. : 01 44 77 94 77 - E-mail : email@example.com
Actus Finance - Anne-Pauline PETUREAUX - Relations Analystes/Investisseurs - Tél. : 01 53 67 36 72 - E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Actus Finance – Jean-Michel MARMILLON - Relations Presse - Tél. : 01 53 67 36 73 - E-mail : email@example.com
Communiqués au titre de l'obligation d'information permanente :
- Autres communiqués
Full and original press release in PDF:
Si le fichier PDF ne s'affiche pas ou pour le télécharger, cliquez ici.
Pour consulter le fichier PDF en intégralité, cliquez ici.
|GROUPE GORGE||Euronext Paris||23.99 (c)||0.80%||18 741|