AKKA Technologies: a global player in running order
Consolidated revenues (January 1st to March 31st)
| ¤m (unaudited)
||Q1 2013||Q1 2012||Change|
|Rest of the World||28.5||19.4||+47.2%|
First quarter 2013 consolidated revenues include MBtech since April 1st, 2012.
AKKA Technologies is on course to meet its targets with first quarter 2013 consolidated revenues of ¤225.4 million. At constant scope, revenues were up by 1% even though the quarter included 2.5 working days less on a Group average.
The highlight of the quarter was a large number of contract bids and conclusion of the first transnational contracts that illustrates the Group's global presence.
1. AKKA is in running order
- In France, current sales trends are positive based on equivalent working days and, at constant scope, organic growth amounts to 2.1%. France revenues of ¤115.7 million account for 51% of consolidated revenues. The Group has regained its growth dynamic.
- Germany, the perimeter is multiplied by 12.5 despite 3 working days less. The foundations for profitable future growth have been created at MBtech. The sales team is currently being completed and staff are working to streamline the offer. The diversification project will be launched during the year. Over time, Germany will represent the Group's largest source of growth. At ¤81 million, Germany revenues account for 36% of consolidated revenues.
- Rest of the World revenues were buoyant in all subsidiaries. The Group's global presence is expanding (AKKA operates in 20 countries in all continents). Italy grew by 30%, Canada by 50%, Spain by 11%... At ¤28.5 million, the Rest of the World revenues accounts for 13% of Group revenues.
2. AKKA is a global player
- Aerospace revenues increased by 10% boosted by the Group's global diversification and positioning. In April, AKKA attended the Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg where it presented its Aeroconseil and MBtech offerings. Positioned as an aeronautical engineering and cabin refurbishment company due to its DOA licence, Aeroconseil recently signed a contract with Nordic Aviation to certify and modify its entire fleet.
Airbus has also recently selected AKKA Technologies to work on several Franco-German projects, including the customisation of the A350 leading features.
- The Railway business continues its dynamic with a 12% growth. Historically serving private manufactures Alstom, Ansaldo and Bombardier, AKKA recently became an engineering preferred supplier of SNCF (French national railway operator) for the specification of SNCF's future equipment.
- Automotive has leapt by a factor of 5 with the arrival of MBtech and now accounts for 42% of Group revenues. Through business synergies between AKKA and MBtech, the Group recently won its first major bid. Operating on various transnational global projects, AKKA occupies a strategic position as tier 1 supplier for Daimler and Renault in their joint projects.
Medium-term target: operating margin of ¤100 million
In 2013, backed by its unique specialist market position, AKKA Technologies has established three high priority targets:
- Bolster financial capacity so as to have flexibility to meet its medium term objective.
- Pursue growth worldwide.
- Generate profitable growth in all business units.
AKKA's ability to support its customers in their global challenges will ensure sustainable and long term growth.
In one year, AKKA has become an international group, set up a unique European foundation and is now ready to accelerate its world-wide expansion. The Group will generate an operating margin of ¤100 million in the medium term, sign of its new momentum.
Next update: Q1 2013 revenues: July 23rd2013 after market close
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
AKKA Technologies, a European-based engineering consulting high-tech group, supports large industrial and service companies in the various steps of their projects, ranging from R&D and studies to industrialisation. Backed by in-depth expertise in complementary businesses, AKKA Technologies, provides genuine added value valeur to customers in all industries including aeronautics, automotive, space/defence, consumer electronics, telecommunications, chimicals, pharmaceutics, stell, energy, railways, marine and services etc.
Nicolas Valtille - Group CEO - Tel: 04 78 92 60 83 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Delphine Méric - Investor Relations - Tel: 06 81 20 97 14 - email@example.com
Amalia Naveira - Investor/analyst relations - Tel: 04 72 18 04 97 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Marie-Claude Triquet - Media relations- Tel: 04 72 18 04 93 - email@example.com
Communiqués au titre de l'obligation d'information permanente :
- Communiqué sur comptes, résultats, chiffres d'affaires Communiqué intégral et original au format PDF :
http://www.actusnews.com/documents_communiques/ACTUS-0-31800-akka-290413-cat1-13-gb.pdf © Copyright Actusnews Wire
Recevez gratuitement par email les prochains communiqués de la société en vous inscrivant sur www.actusnews.com
Receive by email the next press releases of the company by registering on www.actusnews.com, it's free
|AKKA TECHNOLOGIES||Euronext Paris||46.83 (c)||-0.40%||12 247|